This switch enables optimization. It can have the following possible values:
- Switches on optimizations, corresponding to level 2 optimizations.
- Switches of all kinds of optimizations.
- Returns to default (i.e. command-line or config file) specified optimizations.
- Parses the string and switches on the optimizations found in the string.
The following strings are supported:
- Level 1 optimizations
- Level 2 optimizations
- Level 3 optimizations
- Use register variables.
- Use uncertain optimizations.
- Optimize for size.
- Skip stackframes.
- Peephole optimizations.
- Use common subexpression elimination at the assembler level.
- Unroll loops
- change tail recursion to regular while
- Use common subexpression elimination
- Use DFA.
is equivalent to
This switch is also activated by the -Ooxxx command line switch. Note the small ’o’: it is -Oo
followed by the switch name.